Saturday, December 6, 2014

Upcycled SIlverware Jewelry

I'm eyeballing my silverware drawer with a critical eye...

For years I've picked up old silverplate flatware at all my junking spots, some I used every day an other pieces I threw in my "stash" room where all my goodies are kept.

I finally got around to doing something with it all this week, and I must say this is my new favorite thing to do.

I've used more powertools this week than I have in my life; and don't think I just provided the idea and sat by and watched my strong man do it for me; no siree bob. I did it all myself; using a grinder, a torch, a vice, various hammers and such...

I decided to stamp sassy Southern sayings on some of the spoons; here's a few I selected: 


Buy here


Buy here


Buy here


Buy here


 Buy here


So then there was all the leftover spoon handles, which are just as lovely as they can be.  SO I had to do something with those, too.



Available next week


Available next week



I've also done some rings. I'm juts loving beating on this stuff with mallets and hammers.

I have a bunch more designs than what I've shown here, to be uploaded in my Etsy shop next week, or at least, what is left of them after I get through our Christmas Open House at the brick and mortar shop tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Cogitations by Barb said...

I love these earrings. This is actually my flatware pattern that was my grandmother's. I'm also a Kelly. :-)