Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blue and White Chair











I bought this chair at an auction for beans, and it sat around in my office/den/studio/sitting room for weeks while I thought about procrastinated about re doing it. 

I went shopping for upholstery fabric and discovered that the best, and my favorite - fabrics - are all like $40/yard, and I freaked. Kind of like when I found out how much Annie Sloan chalk paint cost, per quart. Why do all the cool things have to be so dang expensive?!

Then I lucked out and found about a yard and a half of this super fantastic blue material for $3.00 at a thrift shop. I knew immediately what I was going to do with the chair. A dab of DIY chalk paint and wax, and I went to town on learning upholstery by the seat of my pants and several You Tube videos. 
I discovered it helps to have four hands when doing this; my husband was conveniently on hand for that  (ha!)

It turned out pretty nice; and now I feel a little more prepared to tackle my next project: a Victorian Eastlake side chair.  :)

No comments: