Friday, September 20, 2013

Rocker Re-Do












This rocker came from the shop; it's been in the "back room" for years, looking dreadful. I dragged it home and ripped everything off and gave it the 'ol DIY chalk paint treatment; and covered it with some adorable blue and white floral material ("Kingsport") that I got from a friend who had it in her storage shed. It turned out so cute! This is one of those things I hate to part with  - but I can't keep everything.

I am really starting to get the "hang" of upholstery. I have a couple of Victorian chairs I am saving for later when I really feel confident. I'll probably make those my wintertime evening projects. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone! And if you're in my neck of the woods, come in and see us in our shop in the historic Milton General Store building across from the Thomas Day museum  (139 Broad St.) in lovely historic Milton, NC.  :)

No comments: