Friday, November 19, 2010

"Vintage Notions"

I never heard of Amy Barickman, or Indygo Junction, or The Vintage Workshop before this morning.

I was pouring over the new Victorian Trading Co. Holiday catalog (OMG!) and saw this book.

Photobucket

I Googled it and it's author, Amy Barickman and was delighted at what I found out.



I am very motivated and inspired by ladies like Any that are small-town girls, moms, etc. who make lovely things, collect lovely things, and make successful businesses doing what they love!

Her mom sounds like my mom - infecting me with the collecting bug and taking me to yard sales, flea markets, etc. from a young age; picking up lovely vintage finds.

Needless to say, I am doing a lot of catch up on her lovely blog and website, and am ordering the book.

I haven't seen the book yet, of course, but from the video and sample pages I have looked at, it looks great!

Go thou, and see for thyself.

Y'all have a great day and come back now, 'hear?

No comments: