Monday, September 17, 2012

Salvage Necklaces





I made these  months ago but have just now decided to list them in the shop.

Top: I made this one from a clear glass "button" I found in that stash of buttons I bought at the flea market, and I later discovered that it is a part from one of those "hangy" doo-dads that hang down from antique chandeliers. The necklace part is silver tone chain. More info here

Middle: Another piece of scrap from the flea market buttons stash. This is a 2 inch long, 1 inch tall section of clear glass rhinestone trim for hats or dresses or some such thing. Attached to a silver tone chain necklace. More info here

Bottom: This is my first and, so far, only attempt at the textile bib necklace craze. I made this from two tiny cap sleeves off a antique infant dress I took apart. I used the rest of the dress to make my rag ball Christmas tree ornaments, and didn't want to throw away these tiny pin tucked things. So I sewed them into this necklace and added some vintage and antique buttons - and a tiny gold tone locket that actually opens. More info here

Just my experimental jewelry making results. Here is one of the rag ball ornaments I made from the baby dress I mentioned:


The whole thing was pin tucked..... and in complete tatters. I didn't want to throw it out so I made things with it, and gave it a whole new purpose. A pretty purpose.

:)


No comments: