Thursday, September 20, 2012

1920s China Cabinet Project

Remember this thing I picked up on a whim a few weeks ago?


I decided that it was in good shape - good enough shape not to paint it and turn it into a "pie safe" type of farmhouse cabinet like I intended, when I purchased it.

The worst part about it was the pukey green painted interior and the broken door glass.



I took the door to have the glass replaced and slapped a new coat of antiquey white paint on the inside, added some new art deco style glass knobs, removed all the white paint smears and splatters with a razor knife, removed the ruined veneer from the top, covered the top in wood replace and painted it, and cleaned and oiled the whole thing.


I don't have an immediate use for another china cabinet. So, I am selling her. She is for sale. She is not perfect, and has her dents and dings, but she is still lovely. If you are local, and want to buy her, email me or leave me a message and we can get together for you to see it in person!

3 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Great job! Do you post to Ausralia? Lol. ;)

Hosanna said...

Hee hee... no, sorry Miss T.! I'm afraid it' be all in pieces before it reaches Australia. :)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

She's gorgeous. What a nice transformation and I'm sure she'll find a new home soon. Thanks for sharing.