Remember my "green box" escapade last summer, involving a vintage chair?
As I explained before, our dump has trash dumpsters, recycling bins, a huge "green box" where folks dump "big stuff" for the landfill, a Goodwill donation box, and a little shed where people put things they're giving away. You bring stuff to leave, and you can take anything you see ..... all for free. I have got many cool things this way - including an antique oil lamp, bird feeders, and boocoos canning jars, and a guitar, for starters.
So today I go do a recycling run, and put my donations in the "goody shed", and I found this in there:
New. With Tags. Yeah.
I guess you hang things on it. I don't know what, but I figured I'd stash it for a while, and see what I decide to do with it.
That is what I do with things sometimes.... hold onto it, until I get a "vibe" for what I want to make/use/re-purpose it for. As of this moment, I don't have a creative vibe on this... it's just interesting. It has little leaves on it. Any thoughts or ideas?
ALSO - quick randomness:
1. For dinner tonight, we had grass fed, organic beef steak, mashed turnips from our garden (tastes like creamed cauliflower) and green beans I canned myself from my garden. 100% what we grew ourselves. (The cows were raised by a friend, who fed them our hay, so yeah, we "grew"them too).
2. Has anyone seen the March issue of Country Living magazine? Yeah, I subscribed to that redundant mag, because it was so cheap, and I figured "why not?" most of the time, it is a huge yawn, but this issue had a feature on RUFFLES and I am in love with them. There is this pair of towels with rows of little ruffles sewn on, and I am tempted to do that to towels for my upcoming bathroom remodel. (Although, I cannot really picture my tall, masculine, "man's man", hunter/farmer/carpenter/mechanic husband using them.)
3. Speaking of re modeling, we went wandering through Home Depot today, discussing aspects of said up coming bathroom remodel. May I just say, my dreams of a tub with jets went flying out the doors when I saw the $1,200 price tag? Darn it!
4. I made English muffins yesterday. Check out my Vintage Kitchen blog for the scoop.
5. I got up some more kitchen decor today. Snow has kept my husband indoors these past few days, looking for something to do, and so we have caught up on a few piddly "details" like socket covers, shelves in the laundry area, and decor in the kitchen. Yay. Tomorrow, I paint trim.
6. I am reading "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. *sniff*
And now I have to trot off and watch some very thrilling and exciting "24".....