Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Shop Update

First of all - (I am so excited) - I have a new shiny custom made shop banner! I love, love, love my banner and avatar now! I was getting by with a standard banner provided by Etsy, and a drab avatar. Now I have the perfect thing for my shop and I am so thrilled. I was going to try to make one myself, and decided I just couldn't do it right now, so I purchased one from a custom banner selling Etsyan. Click on my Etsy link in the sidebar to check it out. :D

Here are some very cool antique - not just vintage; antique - purses I listed this week:

 


This first one is a genuine 1920 "Flapper" handbag. It is super adorable. I would keep it, if it were mine; but it is a consignment for a friend - so alas, it cannot live in my personal handbag stash.

 


This second one is a 1890 coin purse. The oldest thing in my shop right now!


 
Posted by Picasa


This handbag was features in this Etsy treasury. It's my first time being in some one's treasury, I am so thrilled!

There will be two new sections shortly: "Sweet Dreams" for lovely, never worn sleepwear, gowns, robes, etc.

I am also collecting items for a "I Do" (weddings) section. For that, I will be listing mostly accessories like hats, gloves, bridal jewelry, and some super romantic, frilly, perfect handbags of my own creation. And maybe.... maybe... a vintage wedding dress I have in my things?....... :)

Also - I am soon to procure a large stash of costume (and other) jewelry from a friend of mine, who wore it during her college years in the early 1950's. I am SO stoked about this. I haven't seen it yet; she says she is getting it all together "in a box"..... I will be listing the whole stash in the shop!

So anyway, that's some news for April.........

1 comment:

Jodi Eliza said...

I really REALLY love the little coin purse...so charming! :)

I'll probably be going to Klicker's this week...want me to see if they still have the rest of the magazines?? Want me to pick some up for you? :) Just let me know!