Sunday, September 20, 2009

Serene Sunday Thoughts

 


Usually my Sundays are far from serene; today things are quiet and I am alone in the house, painting my dining room and listening to some soothing tunes from my favorite Jane Austen movie soundtracks. *Sigh*. I just enjoyed a delightful BLT and thought I'd post these thoughts before I resume my painting in the other room. (Pics and more later this week.)The following are some things I jotted down in the front cover of my journal last year. The Bacon I ate for lunch made me remember them.

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" - John Keats (This is my personal motto. It reflects my love of all vintage and antique things. If it is a beautiful piece, it is a joy. Forever. Not just till it goes out of style.)

"I feel like the only pair of boots in a high heels world." - Me. (I wrote this in my journal during a rough time in my life a few years ago, when I felt like my life was falling down around my ears and there was not one thing I could do about it; and suddenly I felt like I "belonged" nowhere..... yeah, one of those cruddy moments in life. I got over it; but the "quote" still pops into my brain from time to time.

"Where there is a Wal-Mart, there's a way." - Mom (This oft repeated phrase from my mom still resounds in my head to this day; especially when going on trips. "Oh no! What if I forget something - like underwears?" No worries. There's Wallyworlds everywhere.)

"Bacon and cheddar cheese make excellent bedfellows." - Me. Enough said.

Period.

The End.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: