Monday, December 28, 2009

The Road Less Traveled

The lane to our pond as a winter wonderland
 


 


 


 


I took these this past March; not during the recent snowfall last week. I just thought, while the thoughts of blizzards and white Christmases were fresh in people's mind, I'd post some pictures pre-blog. I wasn't blogging at this point.

Our farm is a gorgeous piece of land - with hidden trails and pathways to forrest clearings; meandering brooks with fern and moss covered banks, hidden, abandoned cabins with untold secrets of a time gone by, buried treasure, a resident Great Horned Owl, flocks of sweet wood ducks at the pond, and plenty of great views.
While I am extremely partial to my home land of North Carolina three miles away, I am content to live on this old place for the time given to us. It satisfies my need to see natural beauty on a daily basis.

When you are in my neck of the woods, let me show it to you. Our gate is always open.



(Well, not literally. It is usually shut on the lane. Otherwise, we have to chase poachers and their dogs off. But you know what I mean.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jodi Eliza said...

Wow, it sounds like you have your own piece of heaven! :) Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures...very dreamy and beautiful!

Catherine said...

I LOVE the third picture!!! God's creation is so beautiful! <3

Mary said...

Beautiful. Love your pics and your funny comments at the bottom. :)

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.