Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Unto Us Is Born This Day.......

 


The following are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs of the season by Chris Rice. The song is now first on my playlist, if you want to hear it. There are some of my other faves on there too, like Once in Royal David's city, Silent Night by Julie Andrews, etc. If you're interested.

Welcome to Our World

Tears are falling, hearts are breaking
How we need to hear from God
You've been promised, we've been waiting,
Welcome, Holy Child; welcome Holy Child.

Hope that you don't mind our manger
How I wish we would have known
The long awaited Holy Stranger
Make yourself at home, please make yourself at home.

Bring Your peace into our violence,
Bid our hungry souls be fed
Word now breaking Heaven's silence
Welcome to our world, welcome to our world.

Fragile fingers sent to heal us,
Tender brow prepared for thorns
Tiny heart whose blood will save us,
Unto us is born; unto us is born.

So wrap our injured flesh around you
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us Holy,
Perfect Son of God,perfect Son of God -
Welcome to our world...............
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jodi Eliza said...

I LOVE this song. :) I haven't heard it played much this year (out of the THREE Christian radio stations I pick up out here!!), so I'm enjoying listening to it right now...thanks for sharing :)

Mary said...

Thanks for posting that. I agree with you, it's great.
One more thing .. who is that completely adorable model wearing the blue felt hat?

Beemoosie said...

Beautiful!

Megan said...

I was very lucky to marry a man who I got to start following Pioneer Woman-so he set the whole thing up! It was a 4 hour drive, and a 5 hour wait, but definitely worth it! I read your other blog, and being a fellow horse lover/previous owner, the tragedy broke my heart. It helps me to know that God even attends the funeral of a sparrow, so I'm sure he was there with them.

Hosanna said...

That completely adorable model in the
blue hat is my niece, Alexis! She stays with Kevin about half the time and at Grandma's the other half of the time when she tracks out of year-round school.

Hosanna said...

That is, she stays with Kevin and I half the time. I forgot to insert myself in that comment. :)