Monday, December 12, 2011

Little Black Dress - Vintage Edition

This black velvet dress was passed down to me from my mom who got it from some family member whose mother was the original owner. It is a late 40s - 50s black velvet number. I wore it for my parent's 25th wedding anniversary party this past weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket
My sister is wearing a vintage-inspired dress with a great 60's Mad Men vibe. It is stunning on her.

Photobucket
Me with my sisters Noelle and Naomi.

Dress: Vintage family hand-me-down
Necklace: Rhinestone choker (50s), estate sale
Earrings: Rhinestone (50s), estate sale
Bracelet: 30s; thrifted
Shoes: Gold satin covered in black lace with velvet bows; Pay Less. :)

3 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

You look amazing.

I wish my parents or grandparents keep their beautiful old things.

Polly Dolly said...

The dress is gorgeous, I do not remember my mum wearing anything that I would of liked to be passed down. You're very lucky to have such a stylish mum xx

Susannah Forshey said...

I miss you Beautiful Three!