Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Dream Bathroom

I want this bathroom in my farmhouse. It is so perfectly rustic and romantic. And shabby. I love shabby.

Photobucket

I love the chippy white painted punched-tin ceiling.

I love the shabby old clawfoot bathtub (We almost bought one just like it on our last trip to Michigan but the re-porcelain job would have cost a fortune so we're holding out for one in better condition, closer by...)

I love the large, un-curtained window (I despise thick and busy window treatments. Bleh. Windows are for light and for seeing out of! Why cover them up?!)

I love the vintage pendant light fixture. Perfect for reading in the tub - one of my favorite things to do.

I love the wide board walls and the stencil on them.

I love the painted floor.

I love the shelf under the window/over the tub.

I just want to go in there and have a soak right now!

Ideally, this would be attached to an equally as dreamy bedroom; and it would be like living in a quaint country bed and breakfast every single day of my life.

*Blissful sigh*

5 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

You know the best thing about this one? It wouldn't have to be cleaned daily to still look perfect. Win, win, win. I'll have a soak after you.

lislynn said...

I love it! I totally need some bathroom inspiration right now... It's one of the rooms in the house I find the hardest to design and create :P

Susannah Forshey said...

So funny, ......while I know we have a lot of taste in common, I have the eXACT opposite feeling about windows. Not the light part, per se...I mean, I love light but.....any reason to drape delicious fabrics from floor to ceiling should be taken advantage of in my book. That's why I adore drapes!!!

Chase Conely said...

“It is so perfectly rustic and romantic.” – You definitely coined this bathroom into those words, girl! You can never resist the appeal of a vintage-yet-beautiful bathroom. It is just so stylish and unique! :]

Unknown said...

The words and the picture just have great harmony! I love the way you wrote this. I love the whole concept. Have you posted your “dreamy bedroom”? Hehe Nice concept, and yeah, a shabby place! :)

Keaton Oakes