Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Antique and Vintage Handbags - I'm in love!

My friend Ann emailed me the other day. "I have these beaded bags," she says. "Why don't you put them in your Etsy shop?" I agreed. I was thinking your typical 1950's - 60's beaded bags; I have a few, and they are cute.
When I went to Ann's to pick them up, what she brought out was antique bags. I am in love.

Here is a cute little brown satin and glass beads 1940's number:
 


Photobucket

And a copper colored glass beaded one, also 1940's:
Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a 1920's Art Deco beaded bag in unbelievable condition! The satin lining is still perfect. Gold glass beads with a metal frame and chain. I wish it were mine.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is another 1920's "flapper" bag - silver mesh, with a drawstring. UNbelieveable condition! (This one is not going to be for sale, though. I just couldn't resist showing it while I had the chance.)
Photobucket

This is the most rare piece: a turn of the century (or older, in fact) coin purse. It is glass beaded on the bottom, with a silver frame and lid, with some kind of Grecian design on it. This, also, is not for sale. I just wanted to tempt you people......

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is not actually part of Ann's collection; it is just a random 1940's black crepe handbag on hand. It pales in comparison to Anne's collection - and it is a fraction of the price as well!

Photobucket

I really struggled with taking photos this week - none seemed to turn out right. Or maybe it was just these handbags. I simply cannot do them justice with my meager attempts. They are worthy of a spread in Victoria Magazine.

I am such a handbag fanatic. I just want to sit these somewhere and gaze at them while I can.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

lislynn said...

Mmmmm, yummy!! Where do you FIND this stuff??

Mary said...

Love the bags! Elisa has beautiful glass beaded bag from my grandmother's house in PA. Let's have that tea party with your mom and I'll show it to you.

Mary said...

There are a lot of great pictures on there. Very marketable.

Hosanna said...

Yeah, I'm having a big tea party in Dec. at an antique store to show my stuff. I'll let everyone know about it when I figure out details.
I bought a glass beaded bag at the NC State Fairgrounds flea market for $2.50 - and used it for my wedding. That was quite a find and I got it for a steal. Don't let Elisa loose hers!